South Fork Technologies, Inc. (SFT) releases the new ShapeBook 2009 with 2D3DSteel 2009 software for steel construction professionals. ShapeBook is a tool for estimating cost per weight and surface area, a quick reference to dimensions and design properties, and parametric AutoCAD 2D and 3D drafting for structural steel design and detailing. ShapeBook is based on the AISC Steel Construction Manual 13th Edition. In addition we have added large pipe sizes, small bar size materials, plate, flat bar, round bar, and square bar. To download a free 30 day trial, please visit our website at http://www.southforktech.com.
ShapeBook is now a powerful tool for estimating the cost of steel, and coatings. The “Calculator Material List” calculates the weight, surface area, and costs for all material. Material lists can be easily edited. List items can be re-priced, inserted, deleted, sorted, or dragged to a new location. Lists can be saved and loaded into ShapeBook as needed or imported into spreadsheet or database software. Lists are printed with a user title, date, page numbers, line numbers, and column & row outlines.
Dimensions and design properties are displayed in ShapeBooks’ corresponding display tabs. ShapeBook displays the detailing dimensions in fractional inches. Design properties are shown in decimal format according to the tool tip definition available by hovering over any of the values. A dynamic user interface provides fast shape selections. Shape selection lists can be saved to a file, and the current selection list can be automatically saved when you exit and automatically restored next time you run ShapeBook.
Structural steel shapes are available in US Imperial and Metric units. Your shape selection list and the currently selected shape are converted to metric, or US Imperial format, whenever units’ mode is changed. You can search and select shapes using up to three different search keys, each with a separate property with minimum and maximum values. ShapeBook provides hard copy output to your printer, all on one sheet including a diagram.
2D3DSteel 2009 is an AutoCAD VLX application that draws 2D and 3D steel shapes in AutoCAD 2000 through 2010. 2D3DSteel now includes many new specialized tools for drawing and dimensioning steel. 2D3DSteel will run in any version of Full AutoCAD f r o m 2000 through 2010. All shapes available in ShapeBook can be quickly and accurately added to your drawings. Using 2D3DSteel 2009 with AutoCAD, you will have powerful tools to draw steel details, connections, and model structural steel framing.
2D3DSteel 2009 has pull-down menus and 6 tool bars. The list below gives a short description of the commands on each 2D3DSteel 2009 tool bar.
– 2D3DSteel Main tool bar has six fly out tool bar buttons on it providing access to all of 2D3DSteels’ commands on one tool bar to save screen space if needed.
– 2D3DSteel Settings tool bar controls 2D3DSteel layer and linetypes, centerline modes, node point modes, and dimension text lock colors. This toolbar has two commands for saving and restoring your object snap settings. It also includes commands for fast centerline and node point mode changes.
– 2D3DSteel Shape tool bar commands draw the shape selected in the ShapeBook dialog as 3DSolids, 2D Cross sections, and 2D Web and Flange Views. New cope commands draw a cope pline that can be used as the end of a 2D member or to cope a 3DSolid.
– 2D3DSteel Lines tool bar is a powerful set of tools for line work in your drawings. Line commands for the 2D3DSteel object lines, hidden lines, centerlines, and dimension lines. Line commands can also be used to quickly change to a 2D3DSteel layer/linetype setting. All of the commands in 2D3DSteel except for these line commands save and restore your current layer and linetype settings. Commands on this toolbar include drawing offset rows of centerlines, centered rows of centerlines, centerlines at equal spacing, centerlines at maximum spacing, and an intelligent handrail picket tool.
– 2D3DSteel Holes tool bar has four types of 2D holes, round holes, edge holes, slotted holes, and elliptical holes. Each of these four types can be drawn filled, open, or hidden. 3D Hole command is used to add holes in 3DSolids and the Polyline cut command can change any shape created with a closed polyline into a cut out in a 3DSolid with a specified depth. Two bolt group commands draw a single row of holes and a double row of holes.
– 2D3DSteel Dimension toolbar includes a transparent command for fast 10 key XX.YYZZ feet, inches, and sixteenths input at any AutoCAD distance prompt, a transparent command for metric input in millimeters at any AutoCAD distance prompt. Special dimensioning commands are included for horizontal or vertical dimensions with automatic .Y & .X point filters to quickly line up dimensions, rotated dimension commands that remember your rotation angle, and commands to lock and unlock associative dimension text with text color id for easy member shortening and un-shortening.
– 2D3DSteel Plate tool bar has five commands for drawing 2D plates that are used in addition to the commands on the 2D3DSteel Shape tool bar.
ShapeBook with 2D3DSteel is a time locked 30 day free trial. To continue using the program you can purchase a permanent registration key for ShapeBook 2009 with 2D3DSteel 2009 or just for ShapeBook 2009.
Here are some key features of ShapeBook with 2D3DSteel:
– A quick reference to dimensions and design properties of steel.
– Based on the AISC Steel Construction Manual 13th Edition.
– Includes large pipe sizes, small bar size materials, plate, flat bar, round bar, and square bar.
– Dynamic hierarchical shape selection and selection list save and load features.
– Calculator Material List for estimating the cost of steel, and coatings.
– Search and select shapes using up to three different search keys.
– 2D3DSteel AutoCAD VLX application that draws 2D and 3D steel shapes
– New specialized 2D3DSteel tools for drawing and dimensioning steel.
What’s New in This Release?
– New AISC Steel Construction Manual 13th Edition data.
– New large pipe sizes, small bar size materials, plate, flat bar, round bar, and square bar.
– New Calculator Material List for estimating steel and coatings.
– New centerline and node point options in 2D3DSteel.
– Many new features and improvements in 2D3DSteel for modeling and drawing steel details.
– New automated setup for the 2D3DSteel application in AutoCAD.
About South Fork Technologies, Inc.:
South Fork Technologies, Inc. is a steel detailing and software company, based in Toutle, Washington. We provide quality detailing and consulting services to steel fabricators. South Fork Technologies is also a developer of computer software for the steel construction industry. We are celebrating our tenth year in business serving the steel construction industry.